In our digital age, businesses are trying to attract and engage with conscious consumers on social media. They come up with new ideas and aspirations that quickly change the landscape in one tweet. This makes some trends obsolete and outdated in a little time and new trends pop up now and then. Brands need to align their strategy according to these changing trends. They need consistent monitoring of activities on social media through the best social listening tools.
Many brands use social media monitoring to up their customer services. One such brand is McDonald’s, the most talked brand on social media after Apple, Facebook, and Twitter. McDonald’s has an abundance of data on social media that it uses to analyze and improve their food quality.
It has been quite instrumental in their decision where they reintroduced their Szechuan sauce, which was earlier introduced in 1998. In 2017 the animated adult TV program “Rick and Morty” on Adult Swim praised the sauce. Many customers turned to social media after this incident and asked McDonald’s to reintroduce the sauce.
In response to customers’ requests, McDonald’s reintroduced the sauce for one day. The demand grew so much that it outstripped the supply and the “Rick and Morty” fans had to wait in long queues. When the customers’ weren’t satisfied, they lamented the sauce shortage on social media. Following all this McDonald’s apologized on Twitter and vowed to produce more sauce.
What is the Need of Social Media Monitoring and Social Listening Tools?
Social media monitoring can impact your business and form public perception. You can search for keywords and phrases directly related to your brand on digital media. People searching your brand will give you an idea about how specific demographics feel about your brand. Some of the statistics mentioned below will rightly prove the point:
- 59% of consumers reach out to brands on social because they had a great experience
- 47% of consumers reach out to brands on social because they have a product or service question
- 40% of consumers reach out to brands on social because they had a bad experience
Social media monitoring has gone far beyond keeping an eye on the competition to improve your customer service. It has become a more reactive strategy related to all types of activities on social media that includes brand mentions, reviews, FAQs, feedback, and complaints. All these keep you ahead of the competition and help you find the best influencers who could promote your brand online.
Best Social Listening Tools to Boost Your Social Media Performance
To keep everything under the radar, you need some specific social listening tools that can help you boost your brand’s performance. We have curated a list of some best social listening tools that offer a plethora of features that takes your social media strategy to the next level. So, let’s get started:
Tracking key social media metrics could be a little challenging for businesses. They will need the help of social media monitoring tools like Mentionlytics. It is one of the best tools that offer incredible benefits from accessing mention insights to growing your brand reputation online.
What Mentionlytics has to offer:
- You can access mention insights and see graphs and detailed analysis, in an easy-to-use dashboard.
- You can track various social media channels, like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Reddit and Google My Business.
- Besides social media, it gives you complete media coverage on online news, blogs, and any website there is.
- It allows very strong filtering using advanced Boolean queries, delivering only relevant to your Brand or Product or Competitor mentions.
- It supports Social Intelligence, by collecting and analyzing mention data, and also provides actionable and personalized advice for your brand using AI. A unique feature to Mentionlytics.
- You can discover current trends or identify the right influencers and strategize your campaign.
- It provides a Hootsuite API, combining the amazing posting/scheduling capabilities of Hootsuite with the power of Social Media Monitoring & Listening.
- It automatically classifies each new mention to positive, negative, or neutral, with powerful sentiment analysis, available in every language.
Buzzsumo is a powerful online tool, which is primarily a content analysis tool. However, it is also used as a social media listening tool. It enables you to uncover platform insights, track mentions, and get you the social engagement data. It gives a complete package of social media monitoring to up your level of performance on social platforms.
Let’s have a look at the benefits it offers as one of the best social listening tools:
- It gives you an insight into the online mentions of your brand.
- It provides engagement figures for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit.
- It gives you the number of links that each search result has received.
- It offers an alert feature where you can create alerts to track important insights. It includes brand mentions, competitor mentions, content from a website, keyword mentions, backlinks, or an author. However, you can customize it and set your parameters for alerts according to your needs.
Meltwater is yet another social listening tool that lets you monitor, research, and analyze social media activities. It also offers a number of features that can help you understand the perception your audience holds for you. With the help of insights gained through it, you can create customized messages for your audience. Let’s have a look at all other features it has to offer:
- It offers AI-driven insights that emphasize analytical and focused engagement.
- It helps to examine millions of posts daily from different platforms be it social media, blogs, and news sites.
- It helps you to filter out irrelevant mentions which are not related to your brand. It also assigns sentiment to the mentions that pick your interest.
- You can set up searches, find key influencers, and track your online performance.
- Meltwater includes multiple dashboards that can be customized to meet your needs better.
NetBase provides real-time insight into customer conversations. It helps to understand important customer attributes, emotions, behaviors, hashtags, people, and brands through AI. It processes millions of social media posts daily and also uses non-social data to help businesses grow online. Here are some of the important features offered by NetBase:
- You can capture all the conversations about your business across multiple locations.
- It also helps to analyze the latest emoji and language used on social media platforms.
- You can easily compare the performance of owned, earned, and partnered content with the help of NetBase.
- If you want to know when your brand appears in pictures, the AI helps you better in this regard. It helps you find popular user-generated content relating to your brand on visual platforms, such as Instagram.
- As it tracks all social media activities, it also helps you track if anybody has misused your logo.
#5 Digimind Social
Digimind Social is also one of the best social listening tools that let you know the public opinion about your brand. It offers AI-powered social media listening services and real-time software. All this helps the brands to listen, engage, analyze, and report. It offers a plethora of services that can help you improve your performance on social media, let’s have a look:
- It gives you access to all social conversations about your brand. It splits them into categories and gives a sentiment rating to each mention. It could be positive, negative, or neutral.
- It also helps to measure how your content is performing after considering the performance of various social accounts.
- It can also integrate well with another social media tool, Hootsuite. This helps you to manage all of your social activities together. You can also join the conversations that mention your brand.
- It also shows your brand position considering Google search behavior. You will get access to important insights. It includes what your customers want to know about your brands, products, people, and competitors.
- It provides various features from monitoring to analyzing, and social engagement.
Cyfe offers a dynamic and all in one business dashboard that helps you visualize and monitor all social media activities. It provides various features, including social media, web analytics, marketing, sales, support, and infrastructure. It is the perfect dashboard template that connects all your data and starts monitoring essential KPIs. Here are some of the important features of this social listening tool:
- It helps you pull data from popular services like Google, Salesforce, Xero, QuickBooks, and many more services with pre-built widgets. Also, you can easily build your own widget according to your needs.
- The dashboards can visualize data for individual departments that incorporate everything from analytics, sales, social, and online reviews.
- It uses real-time data and metrics that help to track your and competitor activities across different platforms. It includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Vimeo.
- It is easy to set up and configure using many pre-populated widgets. These widgets include Google Analytics, Facebook Pages, Facebook Ads, Grade.us, SERPs, Moz, Twitter, Mailchimp, and Instagram.
- You have no limits on your monitoring and can view data past the last 30 days.
Reputology acts as a gauge on how your business is doing and points out the key areas which need improvement. If you want to monitor, respond, and analyze all of your online reviews from a single point, then Reputology is the best social listening tool. It offers many services that include the following:
- It offers 24/7 review monitoring, where you get to review around 100 review sites. These include Google My Business, Facebook and local search directories, employee review sites, app directories, and more.
- It helps you to track reviews related to your locations, products, and services from a single dashboard. This helps to leverage reviews to grow your business.
- Reputology platform enables you to respond to reviews within the platform itself. It makes use of semantic analysis technology. This semantic analysis technology helps to convert the unstructured content from reviews & feedback into actionable data.
Talkwalker is another powerful social listening tool that takes care of your social media presence. Not only it monitors your social media platforms; it also tracks websites, print, TV, and radio broadcasts. It has a proven KPI framework that is used to benchmark your brand campaigns. It offers many different features, some of them are mentioned here, have a look:
- It helps you measure customer sentiments and your brand health.
- It connects efforts to your results and provides an instant report that helps to strategize your campaigns.
- It helps you find the best stories and influencers to promote your brand online that amplifies your brand message and leaves a global impact.
- It also uses image recognition technology to help you identify and pick social media posts related to your brand and products. It is useful in cases when your brand is not mentioned in the caption or content anywhere.
76engage is a great social listening tool that identifies the important signals which impact conversations on social media. It helps you understand what type of actions are driving people to act on your post. It offers the following benefits:
- It gives you insights into successful articles, posts, and social objects that resonate with people.
- You can easily see posts in a graph or a card view layout. It also enables you to filter posts and share them with your social networks and more.
- It measures the resonance of your social content and identifies what is driving the reaction. It shows you the complete breakdown of the resonance score.
- You can see your content performance with intuitive visuals, and it enables you to group different social media accounts into a watchlist. It helps you track the activities efficiently.
These are some of the best social listening tools that keep you in the loop of every activity. These will consider what is being said about your brand, competitors, industry, and even a particular keyword or hashtag that’s trending.
So, now that you know all the tools, pick the best that fits your needs. If we have missed any of your favorite tools, let us know in the comments section. For more updates related to social media, stay tuned with us!
Are you gathering data about your brand from the Web and Social Media?
If not, you can do it instantly with Mentionlytics. Just head to https://www.mentionlytics.com/free-brand-monitoring/ and enter your brand's name to get started for free. You will be amazed by what you could find out about your brand that you never knew it existed.
Seeing this data is possible by performing simple search on Google or Social Media, but it's really hard to make sense of it, by looking it sparingly in this way. This is where Social Media Monitoring tools come into play. You can use a tool like this to automatically gather all this data for you everyday, analyze it, and give you useful insights that you can extremely helpful for your brand.
What's more, you can also get access to the same data for your competitors. Also, you can monitor keywords and phrases related to your industry, and this way you can get very useful consumer insights in real-time. These insights could cost hundreds of dollars to acquire from a research agency.