Are you looking for Buffer alternatives?
Without a doubt, everyone in the digital marketing industry is currently looking for the best alternative solutions. It doesn’t matter if they’re corporate marketing teams, small-business owners, freelancers, or marketing agencies.
People never stop searching for the best product or service available.
It’s important to realize that social media marketing tools aren’t always compared to each other by their pricing. Contrarily, there are many other key points to discuss, such as the tool’s functionality, design, features, or variety.
Buffer is one of the most prominent social media management tools specializing in social media publishing automation.
In this article, we’re going to review some of the best Buffer alternatives. So are you ready to know about looking for the best tools for social media auto posts?
Disclaimer: The information below is accurate as of October 18, 2022.
Table of Contents
- Alternatives to Buffer: Comparison Table (With Features & Pricing)
- What is Buffer?
- Tool#1: Mentionlytics
- Tool#2: Sprout Social
- Tool#3: Agorapulse
- Tool#4: Hootsuite
- Tool#5: Loomly
- Tool#6: Sendible
- Tool#7: SocialPilot
- Tool#8: Zoho Social
- Tool#9: Tailwind
- Tool#10: MeetEdgar
- Tool#11: HubSpot
- Tool#12: Apphi
- Tool#13: Later
Alternatives to Buffer: Comparison Table (With Features & Pricing)
This comparison table showcases each tool’s features and pricing to help you visualize some of the characteristics discussed further.
What Is Buffer?
Buffer is a well-known social media management software. This intuitive tool has gained the trust of many marketers for its ability to streamline social media publishing effectively.
As a social media scheduling tool, over the years Buffer has helped multiple users schedule posts. Known for its content creation and workflow optimization, Buffer’s reputation hits also include customer experience and team collaboration improvement.
Buffer’s marketing tools focus on publishing, analyzing, and engaging. Some cool features include:
- Bulk scheduling and publishing content automation
- All-in-one user interface for quick replies and messages
- Target audience demographics and social media analytics
- Social media posts curation (Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter account integration)
- Social media content management with a content calendar and content library
- Mobile app & iOS functionality
Buffer pricing plans
Buffer offers a free plan for specific social media tools. Nevertheless, it provides 3 professional subscription plans as well:
- Essentials ($6/month per social channel)
- Team ($12/month per social channel)
- Agency ($120/month for 10 social channels)
Annual billing will save you 2 months of subscription.
While Buffer’s features are impressive, there’s a chance you’re looking for something else.
Let’s take a look at some of the best Buffer alternatives!
Tool #1: Mentionlytics
Starting with one of the most legitimate Buffer alternatives.
Mentionlytics is an all-in-one social media analytics tool that offers valuable insights to help improve your social media marketing strategy.
Working with a fast social media monitoring software, Mentionlytics tracks all your brand mentions. Find out what’s being said about you on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, TikTok, Google Reviews, Reddit, and more.
As a social media management platform, Mentionlytics offers management features, like the option to schedule content across all social networks. In addition to publishing automation, the tool offers cool features, like post previews
Overall, Mentionlytics offers many profitable features. Some of the most valuable features, in particular, are:
- Social Intelligence Advisor (SIA), a unique feature that provides personalized advice for social media strategy optimization
- Advanced Boolean search for result filtering via keywords and hashtag combinations with operators such as AND, NOT, and OR
- Free social media report builder for customizable reports that include all the metrics you need to track
- Simplified team collaboration, with real-time alerts, tags, labels, and task assignments for all team members
- Review & competition monitoring and social media analytics
- Intelligent sentiment analysis in 24 languages
Mentionlytics offers 6 different subscription plans:
- Basic ($49/month)
- Essential ($99/month)
- Advanced ($199/month)
- Pro ($299/month)
- Agency ($450+/month)
- Enterprise ($950+/month)
Mentionlytics gives users the option to pay monthly or annually. The latter saves you two months from your total subscription.
Tool#2: Sprout Social
Sprout Social is one of the most popular social media management tools for today’s entrepreneurs and marketers.
Users benefit from the software’s all-in-one functionality, automated workflow, and social listening insights that help improve their online presence.
In general, Sprout Social’s features focus on scheduling, publishing, monitoring, and analyzing social media accounts.
The tool’s monitoring software tracks industry trends, engaging activities, and important brand mentions. Hence, users improve their content management strategy on different social media channels.
Sprout Social helps marketers streamline and scale their engagement efforts with a unified social inbox. For example, team members get to manage conversations across multiple Facebook pages with real-time message notifications.
- Social listening for social media content marketing optimization
- Social posts scheduling and automated publishing
- Engagement boost and social media presence evaluation
- Audience targeting and conversions tracking
- Customizable reports with specific metrics (for premium users)
- Instagram marketing campaign management and social media analytics
- Standard ($99/month)
- Professional ($169/month)
- Advanced ($279/month)
Agorapulse is a social media scheduling tool that offers social listening and social media reporting features as well.
As an advanced social media management solution, not only Agorapulse provides scheduling and publishing across social media marketing platforms, but also the tool’s software focuses on monitoring multiple social media profiles, creating insightful social media reports, and more.
Apart from managing messages and posts across social networks, Agorapulse aims to improve a brand’s social media presence.
For instance, users can identify influencers of all scales (yes, nano-influencers, too) and track their impact on their engagement metrics.
- Bulk scheduling and publishing
- Social listening and CRM integration
- Unified social inbox and content calendar
- Professional team collaboration tools
- Facebook ad comments management
- Custom social media reports by date range
- Free (€0)
- Pro (€99/mo)
- Premium (€249/mo)
- Enterprise (Custom pricing after contact)
Our next Buffer alternatives pick, Hootsuite is an established social media management solution.
As one of the most popular social media marketing tools, Hootsuite helps users effortlessly complete all their digital marketing assignments.
For example, while working as a social media scheduling tool, Hootsuite also tracks brand mentions and manages messages and replies. Nonetheless, it remains focused on image editing and content creation to help users schedule content for social accounts.
Hootsuite operates with 35 different social media platforms, like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest, WordPress, and more. Additionally, it allows clients to look at their competitors and receive valuable insights about their content strategy.
- Unified social media content creation, curation, and management
- Online presence brand monitoring and keyword tracking
- Social media post-scheduling and publishing
- Professional campaign planning and digital marketing coaching
- Social media analytics tools and reporting features
- All-in-one management of your social profile relationships
- Professional ($49/month)
- Team ($179/month)
- Business ($669/month)
- Enterprise (Custom offers after contact)
Loomly is a simple, user-friendly social media management software that leads users to streamline their social media marketing strategy.
Trusted by many companies, Loomly assists clients in content crafting, scheduling, publishing, monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing.
It’s a valuable part of the creation process for many, offering marketing tips and post previews. As a matter of fact, Loomly bases its advice on detailed keyword tracking and industry trend monitoring.
The features don’t stop there. In detail, Loomly improves workflow efficiency by giving access to digital brand assets. Furthermore, the tool helps people engage with their community, interact quickly with their customers and reach new audiences.
- Post optimization tips (with post ideas) and content creation boost (through a content library)
- Social media post previews and Facebook ad mockups
- Team collaboration and approval workflows for team members
- Scheduling and automated publishing
- Advanced brand monitoring and social media analytics
- Multi-account management and content management
- Base ($35 /month)
- Standard ($79 /month)
- Advanced ($172 /month)
- Premium ($359 /month)
- Enterprise (Custom pricing after contact)
Sendible is another social media management solution if you’re looking for Buffer alternatives.
This popular social media management platform gets praise for its advanced customer support, CRM functionality, and community engagement.
Many marketing agencies and freelancers use Sendible’s social media marketing tools to see quick and successful results.
The tool allows clients to schedule content and publish high-engaging posts across different social media channels through a centralized hub. In detail, users can monitor their social media performance and get insightful reports that help them improve their marketing efforts.
Additionally, Sendible integrates with important marketing tools and platforms, like Canva, WordPress, Google Chrome, and Google Analytics.
- Social media platforms and Google My Business integration for simplified workflows
- Content management and scheduling (through content calendars)
- Social listening, analytics, and custom report templates
- RSS feed importer
- Team collaboration tools
- Contact management and priority inbox
- Creator ($24/month)
- Traction ($75/month)
- Scale ($165/month)
- Custom (Offer after demo)
SocialPilot is another successful social media marketing platform that’s known for providing easy and quick solutions for every marketer’s problems.
As one of the best social media scheduling tools, SocialPilot lets users schedule and publish content across multiple platforms. Namely, these include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, TikTok, Tumblr, Google My Business, VK, and more.
Moreover, SocialPilot allows clients to experiment with their content creation, decorating posts and captions with emojis, videos, images, and GIFs.
Apart from standard social media analysis and reporting, SocialPilot offers a unified social media presence optimization package. For example, you get to manage your Facebook ads and get a preview of your tweets without leaving the platform.
- Content management and curation (social media content calendars, social inbox, etc.)
- RSS feeds and CRM functionality integration
- Team collaboration and client management
- Proactive spam monitoring and social media analytics
- Advanced bulk scheduling and posting automation
- Influencer and customer lead tracking
- Professional (€29/month)
- Small Team (€49/month)
- Studio (€98/month)
- Agency (€123/month)
Tool#8: Zoho Social
Zoho Social is our next pick as we’re reviewing the best Buffer alternatives.
Zoho Social is a well-known social media management tool that offers monitoring, scheduling, and publishing solutions. Users get to schedule content for unlimited posts on all of their social media profiles.
Meanwhile, the platform includes engagement tracking tools and social media tips to help clients improve their social media presence. After evaluating their online performance, Zoho Social provides users with a number of valuable insights.
Moreover, another unique point of Zoho Social’s software is the number of its integrations. Most notably, LinkedIn and Facebook Ads, Canva, and Zoho CRM.
- Social listening and comprehensive dashboard
- Workflow definition and team collaboration
- Contact management and conversion tracking
- Brand monitoring and social media analytics
- Content management and engagement tracking
- Custom reports and data visualization
Zoho Social divides its subscriptions into two categories: Businesses and Agencies.
Here are the pricing plans for businesses:
- Standard (€10/month)
- Professional (€30/month)
- Premium (€40/month)
And here are the pricing plans for agencies:
- Agency (€230/month)
- Agency Plus (€330/month)
Tailwind is a social media marketing solution that specializes in engagement increase and online presence optimization.
Tailwind is a content management tool that is heavily focused on professional visualization. As a matter of fact, it’s an official partner of many social media platforms, like Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
Tailwind is identified as “the tool that feels like a marketing team”. To clarify, it’s a tool that turns time-consuming processes into an automated workflow.
Lastly, there’s the part of Tailwind Communities. This valuable feature leads users to expand their audiences and collaborators by letting them connect with influencers in their industry.
- Relevant hashtag tracking and suggestions
- Connection and growth with Tailwind Communities
- Personalized content and social media optimization (assistance in image creation)
- Advanced content scheduling (previews) and social media publishing automation
- Social media analytics and insights
- SmartSchedule feature for best posting time results
- Free Forever ($0, limited options)
- Pro ($19.99 /month)
- Advanced ($39.99 /month)
- Max ($79.99 /month)
MeedEdgdar is the next option for Buffer alternatives.
As a cloud-based social media scheduling tool, MeetEdgar is unique at content scheduling and creating. Edgar (as the tool identifies) helps companies create, collect and maintain social media content and updates in a limitless library.
But what does that mean?
Other scheduling tools let you schedule content and automate posts. Then they delete your content and let you schedule new posts. In contrast, Edgar stores your posts in a searchable, unlimited library.
By doing that, it’s able to help every time you run out of something to post online. Edgar draws past content from your library and remodels it in order for it to be refreshing for new audiences. In fact, people who didn’t see the previous posts can still be updated on what you want to share.
- Bottomless library of evergreen content for social media publishing
- Campaign optimization and advanced reporting
- Content management, curation, scheduling, and reshaping (weekly automation time slots option)
- Social media and RSS feed monitoring and analytics
- A/B test variations on updates and engagement monitoring
- Top-rated human support
- Eddie ($24.91/month)
- Edgar ($41.58/month)
HubSpot is an all-included CRM platform that provides social media marketing solutions for various use cases.
Platform visitors find 5 different hubs that focus on marketing, sales, service, CMS, and operations respectively. By assembling all these processes in a single platform, HubSpot makes a marketing team’s job easy, cheap, and fast.
Completing different tasks in the same platform lets users simultaneously post on Facebook pages, monitor tweets, and build Instagram campaigns.
- Cross-platform scheduling and social media publishing automation
- ROI tracking with revenue attribution reporting
- Trends monitoring (keyword tracking and analytics)
- Contact database and CRM software integration
- Unified management of multiple social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Lead generation (via social media) and visitor-into-customer conversion (via marketing automation)
- Starter (€41/month)
- Professional (€740/month)
- Enterprise (€3,300/month)
Another great Buffer alternative is Apphi, a social media marketing platform that focuses on multiple post scheduling.
Starting with converting Instagram followers into brand customers, Apphi has continued to be compatible with Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
There are many social media auto-posting tools around. What sets Apphi apart is its unique drag and drop feature, which lets users plan their visuals in various channels.
- Bulk scheduling, automatic posting, and reposting
- Plan visualization (through drag and drop features)
- Bulk schedule multiple photos and videos at once
- First comment adding to social posts (images and videos)
- Best posting time tips and advanced analytics
- People, location, and hashtag adding to auto posting
- Free (€0, limited features)
- Plus (€13/month)
- Pro (€29/month)
- Team (€57/month)
- Business (€95/month)
Later is our last suggestion in our Buffer alternatives review.
Later is a well-known social media management platform that focuses on planning, posting, and analyzing social media content in advance.
The tool’s software lets marketers schedule and publish visually pleasing, user-generated content that drives attention to their brand. Subsequently, they get to receive valuable insights and improve their social media performance.
The system lets managers share user-generated content, drive traffic, and gain insights into the post’s performance.
Later helps users save time and grow their online business, by offering personalized advice for post creation and hashtag selection.
- Visual Instagram planner and post/stories scheduler
- Advanced content management (content calendar, content library, etc.)
- Custom reports and social media analytics
- Competitor and follower analytics in unlimited social media channels
- Paid campaign and engagement tracking
- Shared Inbox and contact management
- Team collaboration (users and permissions)
- Starter ($18/month)
- Growth ($40/month)
- Advanced ($80/month)
Now Over to You
We hope you’ve paid attention to the details shared previously; because these 13 online tools are the best Buffer alternatives you’ll find out there.
After all, social media analytics tools, like Mentionlytics, help marketing managers get the job done fast and successfully. You’ll be surprised to find out more and more cool features as you’re using it.
So, start your free trial at Mentionlytics today!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is Buffer no longer free?
Buffer provides users with a free trial that lasts 14 days and offers features from all paid plans. However, even after the trial’s end, the software has a free option, marketed for individuals and businesses that just started using social media.
The Free plan offers a landing page builder and basic publishing tools only for 3 social channels, 10 scheduled posts, and 1 user.
Q2. What social media can you use Buffer for?
Buffer currently supports monitoring and managing the following social media channels:
- Instagram (business profiles required)
- TikTok (business profiles required)
- Facebook (pages and groups)
- Twitter (profiles)
- LinkedIn (profiles and pages)
- Google (business profiles)
- Pinterest (boards)