LinkedIn monitoring is the process of tracking and analyzing your personal or company’s mentions, reputation, and performance on LinkedIn, usually done by using a social media monitoring tool. It helps you gain insights about your posts’ engagement, track conversations related to your industry, measure your profile’s influence, and keep an eye on your competitors.
LinkedIn monitoring is not merely about keeping a tab on likes, comments, or shares. It’s about understanding the bigger picture – which topics are trending, what your target audience is talking about, who are the industry influencers, and what’s the sentiment around your brand.
Performing LinkedIn monitoring effectively can lead to more significant interactions, better engagement, strategic business decisions, and increased visibility within your industry. However, mastering this technique requires thoughtful strategy and best practices.
How to monitor LinkedIn activity
To enable LinkedIn monitoring in your Mentionlytics account please follow these steps:
- Go to your configuration page
- Click the Add Social Profile button.
- Choose LinkedIn Profile from the dropdown menu
- Click Authorize with LinkedIn. You will be redirected to your LinkedIn account to allow access to Mentionlytics, and then back to choose the LinkedIn Profile(s) you want to monitor. These must be Business Profiles not personal profiles, as this is not allowed by the official LinkedIn API.
That’s it! From now on, we will be monitoring your posts’ performance and any comments these have.
We have even added a new box in the Overview Page to show any posts/comments from LinkedIn and other sources (e.g. Reddit).
In addition to results from your LinkedIn business pages, you will also be seeing some other LinkedIn results, which are public pages as captured by search engines.
So, to sum up, the following data will be available to you after you authorize your LinkedIn profile in Mentionlytics:
- Posts from one or several LinkedIn Business pages. You can add multiple pages in which you are admin.
- Comments to your posts from other LinkedIn users, which will be analyzed for Positive or Negative sentiment and show up in your Brand Sentiment reports.
- Other LinkedIn results which are publicly available in search engines such as Google.
Now, with LinkedIn you will have an even more complete view of your brand’s Social Media presence, in addition to Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter etc. You will be able to see all your brands actions and results in a single dashboard, giving you the big picture of your Brand on Social Media.
If you don’t have a Mentionlytics account already, sign up in seconds to our free trial to try the new LinkedIn feature!
Tips for Effective LinkedIn Monitoring
- Set Clear Objectives: Before you begin monitoring, define what you want to achieve. Are you looking to increase brand awareness, generate leads, or engage more effectively with your audience? Clear objectives will guide your monitoring efforts and help identify the right metrics.
- Monitor Your Brand: Keeping track of mentions of your brand on LinkedIn is crucial. Respond to these mentions promptly and professionally to drive engagement and maintain a positive brand image.
- Track Relevant Metrics: Depending on your objectives, some metrics will be more important than others. For instance, if your goal is to increase brand awareness, track impressions and reach. For lead generation, monitor clicks and conversion rates. Metrics like engagement rate, comments, shares, likes, and follower growth can help you understand how well your content is performing.
- Analyze Your Competitors: LinkedIn monitoring isn’t just about your brand; it’s also about understanding your competitors. Observe their content strategy, engagement, and follower growth. This can provide insights into what’s working for them, and where there might be gaps you can exploit.
- Leverage LinkedIn Analytics: LinkedIn provides its analytics tool, offering valuable insights into your page performance and audience demographics. Regularly checking your analytics will help you understand your audience better, fine-tune your content strategy, and improve engagement.
- Utilize Monitoring Tools: Tools like Mentionlytics can make LinkedIn monitoring more manageable. They can help track mentions, analyze performance, schedule posts, and even provide sentiment analysis.
- Stay Engaged with Your Network: LinkedIn is a social platform – interaction is key. Respond to comments on your posts, engage in relevant group discussions, and reach out to potential connections. Additionally, consider the best times to post on LinkedIn to optimize engagement and reach a wider audience. This will not only increase your visibility but also provide more material for monitoring.
- Test and Adjust Your Strategy: Regularly review your LinkedIn monitoring results and adjust your strategy accordingly. What type of content gets the most engagement? What times are your followers most active? Use these insights to optimize your LinkedIn strategy.
What are you waiting for? Enter your brand name in the box below to start monitoring your brand through social media for free.