Brand monitoring can help you evaluate your brand management efforts. Most marketers know that a brand monitoring tool can help you to efficiently evaluate your brand awareness and make effective marketing strategy decisions. Brand monitoring tools are best to monitor social media and the entire Web for mentions based on the keywords that you define. You can apply your keyword such as your name, your product name, brand name or any other keyword related to your industry. If you are aware of what people are talking about your brand, products or services, then you can respond to their queries. This can help you, in becoming proactive in many ways, which is really important to run a successful business. You can find below 5 ways to use a brand monitoring tool to enhance your digital marketing strategy, community interaction and online presence.
#1 Measure sentiment
If you want a good social presence, then measurement of the sentiment plays an essential part in social listening. You can track the overall sentiment measuring the following areas.
- Community Interaction: It is really compulsory to reply to your customers’ queries. They really like it. So, if your customers or clients are complaining for your products or anything related to your services, then you can respond to their problems or communicate with them. It creates a good impact among customers or clients. You can also apply this information to train your community managers and refine your community interaction. This will help form your community happier and build your customers’ relationship better.
- Customers’ service: As like community interaction, it is very important to know the response of your customers’ service towards your product and services. This information can be applied to improve the quality of your service. It will also assist, in creating the best content, which can be exploited towards attracting new customers online. We all know that customers’ service plays a significant part in every business. So, if the community is raising doubts about your customers’ service, then you should definitely look after your services. In this respect, a brand monitoring tool is really helpful, in providing you the negative or positive feedback about your brand.
#2 Evaluate social media marketing efforts
It is real easy to handle your social media with the help of a brand monitoring tool. It will assist you to understand what products have more potential in your business via user’s likes and comments. Let me tell you how brand monitoring tools can assist you, in evaluating your social response.
- If you upload a picture or image related to your brand or someone has uploaded a video or image related to your brand, then with the help of a brand monitoring tool you are able to know what people are commenting or saying about your particular video or image related to you. This will serve you, in improving your product and services, since you can utilize the comments to make your product better. This will assist in increasing your brand value, which will help your business to grow.
- You can also understand how many shares your brand is getting. This will tell you about the popularity of your brand.
#3 Start responding based on your mentions
If you use a brand monitoring tool, the most important and useful benefit is that you are able to know about all your mentions around the Web and social media. It will help you to recognize your brand value and online presence. It will likewise help you, in creating your marketing strategy. I will propose you now here, how you should react to your mentions.
- Negative Mentions: Let’s begin with negative mentions. So, if you reply to the negative comments, then it creates an image that you actually care about your customers and clients. It impacts to the hearts of your customers and change their mind towards your brand. It is true that you can’t make everyone happy, but yes you can get a sense of trust in your brand. So, it is always a safe idea to respond to your negative mentions. It also increases the trust value of your brand.
- Positive Mentions: It is a good idea to say thank you to those who positively comment about your brand. It will produce an engagement between you and your brand fans.
- Neutral Mentions: Neutral mentions are very cold mentions. So, when you reply to neutral comments, there will be chances to convert those neutral mentions into positive mentions.
#4 Search influencers
Once you use a brand monitoring tool, then you can find influences related to your industry for initiating to establish a connection with them. Their social handles will create a good impact on your brand. They can generate a sensation about your brand among the social media. You can track them and say thanks to them mentioning your brand. You can also send them updates of your latest products or services. This will enhance the value of your brand and will give you more promotion opportunities. If an influencer uses your name or appreciating your brand, then you can ask that they add a link to your website or homepage. It will increase your sales graph as well.
- If a blogger has written any blog post around your brand, you can comment your views by saying thanks in the comment section. In this way, you can attain to some new audience and create trust about your brand.
How to Find the Right Digital Influencers
#5 Analyse the product and service positioning
A brand monitoring tool is able to help, in studying the actual worth of your product and its position in the market. So, if you are seeing so much negative commentary about your particular brand, then you can look into the issue directly after seeing the problem your users are facing. It will assist you, in taking actions for your defective products and can instantly help you in fixing the issue. You can also raise the status of your product and create a new marketing strategy accordingly. Brand monitoring tools are helpful in account based selling strategy as well.
A brand monitoring tool can assist you to analyze the good and bad things about your brand, which you probably don’t know. It can also assist you, in creating a good marketing strategy for you. Investing in a good tool is always a beneficial idea for your business.
Are you gathering data about your brand from the Web and Social Media?
If not, you can do it instantly with Mentionlytics. Just head to https://www.mentionlytics.com/free-brand-monitoring/ and enter your brand's name to get started for free. You will be amazed by what you could find out about your brand that you never knew it existed.
Seeing this data is possible by performing simple search on Google or Social Media, but it's really hard to make sense of it, by looking it sparingly in this way. This is where Social Media Monitoring tools come into play. You can use a tool like this to automatically gather all this data for you everyday, analyze it, and give you useful insights that you can extremely helpful for your brand.
What's more, you can also get access to the same data for your competitors. Also, you can monitor keywords and phrases related to your industry, and this way you can get very useful consumer insights in real-time. These insights could cost hundreds of dollars to acquire from a research agency.